We are excited to hold our 4th Annual Shea’s Chase 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, November 10th, 2018 at 11:00am at our NEW LOCATION at Revolution Mill!
We set out to create a movement in our community where mental wellness is just as important as physical wellness by bringing the community together to raise awareness and financial support for mental health in memory of our dear friend, Shea McKenna.
In each of the last three years we have had over 500 participants, and we’ve raised a total of over $150,000.
Thanks to the generosity of Shea’s Chase supporters, MHAG has been able to:
- Provide over 10,000 hours of recovery support services so far in 2018.
- Teach over 500 recovery skills classes throughout the year.
- Hold almost 600 peer-led support groups for individuals in recovery from mental health diagnoses, and their families.
- Have additional staff certified as adult QPR Suicide Intervention instructors, which greatly expands MHAG’s ability to provide training in the community on how to recognize and aid individuals struggling with suicidal ideation.
This tremendous growth in programs and individuals served would not have been possible without Shea’s Chase. Almost all of MHAG’s programs and services are offered at no cost to participants.
For more information about the race or sponsorship opportunities, donations or registration, please visit www.sheaschase.com. We look forward to continuing our movement to raise awareness and support for mental health in our community.
Shea’s Chase is a cause with a very appropriate “exercise in exercise”, a 5K run/walk, as it’s primary engine. The core goals of Shea’s Chase are to help:
- De-stigmatize mental health challenges
- Communicate prevalence of depression, anxiety, and stress as obstacles to contentment and productivity
- Communicate hope, support, and love to sufferers and their family and friends
- Communicate availability of services and programs to help manage health challenges and go on to live vital and content lives
- Prevention of suicide
- De-stigmatize suicide and lend support to survivors
- Promote exercise as a tool in the fight
- Help fund leading, local organizations aligned with the above
The Mental Health Association in Greensboro has been established as the sole financial beneficiary of Shea’s Chase. 100% of proceeds will go to program support and expansion at Mental Health Association in Greensboro.