Frequently Asked Questions
What is the mission of Shea’s Chase 5K Run/Walk?
- De-stigmatize mental health challenges
- Communicate prevalence of depression, anxiety, and stress as obstacles to contentment and productivity
- Communicate hope, support, and love to sufferers and their family and friends
- Communicate availability of services and programs to help manage health challenges and go on to live vital and content lives
- Prevention of suicide
- De-stigmatize suicide and lend support to survivors
- Promote exercise as a tool in the fight
- Help fund leading, local organizations aligned with the above
How will the funds raised be used?
The Kellin Foundation has been established as the sole benefactor of Shea’s Chase for 2022. 100% of the proceeds will go to supporting current programs and expanding the Kellin Foundatin’s services. Below are some examples of how funds will be used. Please contact us for more information regarding the use of funds raised by Shea’s Chase.
- $15 Student Runner/Walker Fee: One community member can attend the QPR Suicide Awareness Program.
- $30 Regular Runner/Walker Fee: One community member can receive 3 hours of peer-to-peer coaching to achieve recovery-oriented goals.
- $500 Sponsorship: Nine community members (including community professionals and first responders) can attend the 8-hour Mental Health First Aid Program.
- $1,000 Sponsorship: Can provide 40 hygiene and gift bags for patients at Moses Cone Behavioral Health Hospital for the Hands of Hope Program during the Holiday Season.
- $2,500 Sponsorship: Can fund the development and provision of 3 new recovery skills classes.
- $5,000 Sponsorship: Funds 347 hours of counseling, wellness education, peer coaching, and support groups (most individuals participate in all three services on their recovery journey and may receive 200 hours of free services each).
- $10,000 Sponsorship: Will expand the availability of free child and adult counseling services.
What is included with my Shea’s Chase registration?
I am not a runner; can I still participate in Shea’s Chase?
Where do I pick up my packet?
2431 Battleground Ave,
Greensboro, NC 27408
Thursday, November 8 from 5:00 – 8:00
Friday, November 9 from 3:00 – 7:00
Or from 9:30 – 10:30 on race day