Countdown Until Shea’s Chase 5K Run/Walk
Shea’s Chase began as a way to promote mental wellness through exercise and conversation. We want to bring our community together for a day of fun while spreading awareness of a serious issue.
This year’s Shea’s Chase run/walk is “virtual” but not “phantom”! We have from November 1 through November 6 to complete our 5K or one miler – anywhere you like, alone, with a pal or a team.
Times for the 5K can be posted but are not required – just posting your completed event (5K or miler) is medal worthy for all!
But we will have competition and great prizes! Here’s the rundown:
- Most miles run over the six days – individual and team (as reported to firstname.lastname@example.org by individuals and team captains by EOD 11/6)
- Best Facebook post each of the six days – individual and team (each day will have a different category; funniest, most inspiring, etc.)
- Most money raised for “The Chase” via Facebook – individual and team
- Everyone registered will be eligible for prizes we will raffle at our walk-up/drive-through event on Saturday, November 7.
A great deal more info will be coming on reporting results and other subjects.
Virtual Race Date:
November 1st-6th, 2020. Walk-thru/drive-thru celebration, 10am-5pm, November 7th, 2020 at Revolution Mill.
Anywhere you want to run for Shea!
November 7th, 2020 at The STACKS at Revolution Mill. 10 am-5pm.
$30.00 – General Runner
$15.00 – College Students, Minors, Active Duty / Veteran
- Entry fee includes: Racer bib, custom-designed t-shirt, beer/beverages at the Shea’s Chase After Party, coupons from local businesses.
- To be guaranteed a shirt, you must register before October 15th, 2020
- Online registration ends October 31st, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST
Rules / Guidelines:
Sorry, but for safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, inline skates or any means of transportation other than running, walking or wheelchairs.
In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined
Sign up for a team! Grab your best friends, coworkers, classmates, etc. and set up a team for Shea’s Chase. We will have awards for the largest team as well as a fastest team award. Team events will not impact individual awards which will be given out by age/gender.
Largest Team: Shea’s Chase is a great deal about participation so we will award the team with the most members that complete the run/walk.
Fastest Team: There will be a fastest team award that will recognize the team with the five fastest finishers combined – provided at least two of the runners are female.
College Students: When registering as a college student, you’ll get to a drop down menu asking which school. This does not impact your ability to be on any social team that is eligible for prizes. We will, however, recognize the college or university with the most participants.
To sign up or join a group, simply follow the instructions during the race registration process to create a new team or enter an existing team name.
Parking for race participants and event attendees is located on the Yanceyville St. side of Revolution Mill, right off of Textile Drive, right across the foot bridge from the stacks.
Please do not use the closer parking lot across the creek (on Revolution Mill Dr.), unless you are a vendor or volunteer with equipment to load or unload.
The Stacks at Revolution MIll
Timing and Awards
Shea’s Chase 5K run/walk will be chip timed by Scree Slide Sports. Please wear your race number on the front and visible.
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
- Top 3 Males/Females
- Age Group Awards: 1-9,10-14,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35- 39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Largest team (non-College)
- Largest team (College related)
- Fastest team (top 5 aggregate time with at least 2 of top 5 being women)
- Fastest Veteran / Active Military